Friday, January 11, 2008

Stone Butch Blues


I just finished reading this novel and I feel so satisfied. It reminds me of when I really read books. Its sad to think that Ive lost that passion. I love to read but I dont really have the time. Back in middle school and elementary I read a ton, for the heck of it. Lately I only read when required.

Stone Butch Blues is an amazing book by Leslie Feinburg. I guess you could say that shes a trans man. A female to male....but Im not too sure. I bought another book by her called Transliberation and I look forward to reading it.

I had to pick a book from a list of novels to write a paper on for my Gender Politics class. I didnt really know what to read since I hadnt heard of many of the books. I admit that the title attracted me at first but then several people encouraged me to check it out.

I felt incredibly exposed and vulnerable when reading it. There were some things that made me really angry and other things that I felt I could really relate to. Its nice to know other people go through similar issues. I just felt like the character went through a whole lot more than I ever have.

No comments: